NARI to the Rescue
The “NARIGC to the Rescue” committee of NARI of Greater Chicagoland is dedicated to giving back to the Chicagoland community through our access to building materials and skilled labor. We have helped families with children of varying abilities, medical situations that require special construction needs, fire damaged kitchens, and families getting back on their feet following homelessness or disaster. NARIGC works to secure material donations and worker volunteers for these projects prior to approval. A site visit will also be necessary prior to approval.
All submitted projects are reviewed by the NARIGC to the Rescue Committee based on need, size of the project, and availability of volunteers and materials. Final approval is required by our Board of Directors. We will work with the homeowner to get all the required permits at a reduced rate if possible.
The types of projects we may be able to help with are:
- Making bathrooms handicapped accessible
- Small kitchen remodels after fire/water damage
- Ramps and other retrofits handicapped accessible or special needs items
- Minor house repairs
Unfortunately, we are not able to help everyone who submits a request. Types of projects we are not able to help with are:
- Any home that is deemed to be structurally unsafe or has major structural issues
- Room additions or whole-house remodels
- Damage to roofs, siding, skylights, windows or any other exterior element
- Projects requiring mold remediation or lead abatement
If we are unable to help a homeowner, we work to connect the homeowner with someone who can.
We are proud that we have been able to help so many families throughout the years. If you or a family you know may qualify, please Contact Us with the need, size/scope of the project, and contact information for the homeowner.